Friday, July 1, 2011

"Did you have the baby yet?"

I wish I had a dime for every time I have heard this question this week. I work in an office. I work close to the breakroom in my office. Everytime a person walks by and sees me still sitting here I get the same question "Did you have the baby yet"???!!!! Now, is this just each person's way of starting a conversation or do people really think that from this morning at 8 when they asked me this to just after lunch that yes, I went to the hospital, supported my awesome wife through labor and delivery, and am now back here at my desk because I love you people so much and just love to sit a computer all day? Several people ask me this several times a day.

Just an odd observation. I am sure it's pretty normal.

2 comments:

  1. good luck to you and your family! Have been following you for awhile now. Thank you for sharing with us your excitement. We just went through the same experiences in March. Our Ashley is so wonderful. I hope you have to same joy!
    ~Lesley Paul
    Derry,NH

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is almost as bad as being a week overdue and having people constantly tell you, "you need to go ahead and have that baby!" I blamed the hormones when I use to reply, "No, I think I'll just keep him in here until college." You will be great and being a parent is the best job ever. My husband was supposed to take off two weeks but ended up using all three months of his family leave! I must warn you that in times of sleep deprivation, apparently Coment Cleaner and a bottle are remarkably similar (or so my husband claims). Don't hand the new mommy a bottle of comment instead of the bottle!!! You've been warned... lol...

    ReplyDelete