Thursday, March 10, 2011

Dad's room to girl's room

Last night there was a big change at the house in preparation for the baby. I got home from work and my bride told me “the painter will be here…tomorrow”. I knew we were going to have the office (which will be our daughter’s nursery) painted “soon” just not SO soon. As I was cooking dinner, my wife went upstairs and took down all of the pictures, photos, etc. and put them in a pile to go up into the attic. No more Appetite For Destruction album on the wall. No more picture of me backstage with Van Halen in 1995. No more Tennessee Titans poster of their first ever game in Nashville. No more George Brett autographed baseball. No more Belmont Bruins bobblehead…

But it’s OK.

Soon, this small little man’s room will be painted a soft white with little pink polka dots. A crib will be where my desk was. A changing table will be where my guitar amplifier stood. And a little girl will easily replace all of the fun stuff that I had in that room.

No comments:

Post a Comment