Thursday, March 31, 2011

When the wife's away, the bad dad will get to work

The bride and some of her friends went to see another friend in Virginia today. In years (and even months) past that would mean pizza, watching opening day on TV and reading Sport Illustrated cover to cover. Not today. I got home a 5PM and the Comast guy was actually waiting on me. I took a picture for I am sure that will never happen again. Anyway, we got a cable installed in our bedroom for the computer modem. As the cable guy was working, I rolled up my sleeves and tacked the crib. It wasn't too bad. It took me about 45 minutes. After I was done the cable guy left and I really got to work. I moved my desk, computer, chair, etc. into our bedroom and moved some bedroom stuff to the attic and guest room and moved some guest room stuff downstairs. It was basically a very large scale game of Tetris. I must say my little girl's room is now looking like a nursery and less like her dad's rock n roll, sports, star wars shrine. After a quick bite, I went outside and put the primer on her changing table. I'll paint it tomorrow.

This is about 5% sad and 95% awesome. I'll gladly give up my little man nook to make a place for my baby girl to sleep and dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment