Friday, April 22, 2011

Great Friday

Today is "Good Friday".  Yes, it is indeed good. But isn't every Friday pretty good? I call today "Great" Friday. Jesus went to the cross for you and me! Wow. Would you give up your son (or daughter) for the sins of others? I know I wouldn't. Just being honest.

Tonight. I took the wife out to eat. We just went to a casual neighborhood pub here in West Nashville, nothing fancy. A big family came in. 20-something husband & wife, 4 year old girl, 2 sets of grandparents and a brand new baby girl. My wife and I just looked at that little girl for a few minutes and I got teary eyed. I turned to look at my wife and she had the waterworks down her cheeks! It's real. She is coming and in 10 weeks, she'll be here.

We came home, watched a few episodes of "Lost" (yeah, we have never seen it and don't know how it ends) and I put her to bed. I am now watching my Nashville Predators fight for their playoff lives.

It sure has been a Great Friday in many ways. I am a blessed man.

No comments:

Post a Comment