Saturday, June 11, 2011

"Social" Networking

I started The Bad Dad blog and Twitter account for fun and to get some advice, fun stories, product reviews, etc. from Dads (and moms too) as I prepare to have my first child. I am not very active on the Twitter and even less so updating this blog. However, my wife is not into the whole social media thing at all. Last night we had a very good conversation about it. Why do I have a blog, why Twitter with people I've never met, will probably never meet and why does anyone care about what I have to say? she asked. All good questions I guess. I think my answer to all of her questions is simple, because it's fun. It's fun to share random thoughts, stories and humor with people you don't know and get their reactions. I don't need the attention or crave it, it's just out there and I think it's fun. So, if you are one of those people that I don't know or one of my real followers on Twitter, thanks. I'm glad, that for whatever reason, you read what this normal dad-to-be has to say.

3 comments:

  1. Very amusing and real observations! Your blogs are enjoyable to read because I can relate to many of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fun, right!? I'm new to all this dad stuff too. We are having our first one in August and I've started my own blog also. Like you, I'm experiencing all the wonders, fears and daddy projects of fatherhood.

    I do enjoy reading your blog because you and I are going through the same things right now.

    I want to share my journey with you and all your followers too, so I would appreciate it if you take a look and follow along with me! Through this whole "social" networking, I found your blog, so it works!!

    I'm on Twitter @daddydynamics and Facebook. My blog can be found here http://daddydynamics.blogspot.com/

    Thanks!

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. just discovered your blog, i have been there four times and my youngest is 5. i wish i had started when you did but i am giving it a real go now, even if no one reads my blog it will be a record for Fred when he grows up and for me because Dads have terrible memories.

    There are a lot of american dads doing this but very few english ones so i am trying to break the 'conservative english bottling it all up'.

    you can check out the future with my website at www.myeverydaydaddy.com and my twitter account.

    I will check in again, keep it going

    ReplyDelete