Saturday, June 4, 2011

Critters

Today is a little bit sad for us. When we got married, the Bride had a young black cat. He was about a year old when we met. He never liked me and even after five years of marriage, still really didn't give me the time of day (typical cat maybe, but I really don't think he liked me). Anyway, he still has his claws and is just unpredictable. With the little girl due in three weeks (eeek), we decided we had to get rid of the cat. Luckily, my Mother In Law was nice enough to take him in. They live about 90 minutes away. So this morning, we packed up all of the cat stuff (scratching post, litter box, food, etc.) and I headed to the In Laws to drop the cat off.

Now like I said, he never liked me. We never bonded. He never sat on my lap and let me pet on him for hours. So why was it SO hard to drop him off today? I can't imagine what it's going to be like when I take my daughter to college...

1 comment:

  1. Not long to go now and you and your other half must be getting excited as you draw closer to that magic day! A father to be - a great responsibility! And I think you made the right call even though it may have been tough for your other half to part with a friend.

    Look forward to following your fatherhood thoughts.

    ReplyDelete