Saturday, May 14, 2011

Blue Valentine

Bride is away for the weekend in her hometown. Her high school friends threw her a shower today and she is staying with her parents for some good visit time. Sometimes, her interest in movies and mine are not quite the same so tonight I rented "Blue Valentine" with Michelle Williams and Ryan Gosling. I am no movie critic but this was very well done. While it was far from "entertaining" it was well worth watching. I guess because their love story is so different from my own. They were pregnant when they got married at the justice of the peace. I was married at a Friday night luau and we got pregnant five years later. They struggled with drinking and infidelity. We don't drink and are always together with no chance or fears of cheating. They were physically violent, we've hardly ever raised our voices at each other. They didn't work, we do. I am not saying we are perfect but this movie made me realize that there are couples like this in real life and it made me even more thankful for what I have and not to take it for granted. This is no date night movie, but I suggest it no matter what state your marriage is in.

No comments:

Post a Comment