Monday, May 9, 2011

Childbirth Class

We attended childbirth class this last weekend. The bride is an employee of a healthcare company and they were provided for free, so we decided what the hey....Class was Friday from 6:00 - 9:00PM and then Saturday all day from 9-4:30. (It's funny to me that the newborn care that we will take this week is only 3 hours and hopefully I'll be caring for my newborn a lot longer than she'll be in labor so I don't understand the timing of each class....but I digress) . Anyhow....I am not the most medically inclined or interested person you've ever met. I passed out when I was 8 watching my dad give blood, again when I watched some puppies being born and I don't have to tell you my reaction to watching "The Miracle of Life" in high school. All bad experiences. But, I was a champ in these classes. Sure, the videos were less than desirable but nothing like your mental "happy place" to focus on when the grossing gets tough. I will say, I learned a lot and it was a valuable use of my time.

On another note, God bless nurses. The two that taught our class were very friendly, spirited and were pretty good teachers. I could not do what they do everyday for any amount of money, much less the amount they get paid.

We're less than 2 months from welcoming our little girl into this world and because of this weekend, I plan to be the first one to say hello.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy this time. I can remember going to those classes too. Its a bonding experience. Nothing will prepare you for the moment you see your little one face-to-face. check out my blog "The Passage". lol. You will see what I mean. Congrats on the new addition to the family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you said about the nurses!! We are both nurses and we LOVE our jobs but it isn't always easy:-) Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy!! We are moms to 6 boys between us and it is amazing, crazy, and fun:-)

    ReplyDelete