Saturday, May 28, 2011

Random Saturday posting...

No real subject here. Just wanted to update the blog...

Wifey had her fifth (and final?) baby shower today. It was thrown by my Mom's friends so I think it was more of a first grandchild shower for her, but we got all the gifts! I don't understand why women throw so many showers for their pregnant friends when all the pregnant woman wants to do is lay on the couch with her feet up. That's cool though, we are blessed with very good friends and it has been fun watching the Bride get all of this attention. As for me, I cleaned a little house and went to my most favorite bagel joint in Nashville and sat out on the deck reading and sipping coffee (cinnamon-hazelnut = YUM).

Now, we are both back home, the gifts are put away and the Bride is sleeping soundly in the bedroom. It is a 100% beautiful day here in Nashville today but we are under the cicada invasion of 2011 so it's hard to be outside and hear yourself think. (If you don't know what a cicada is, please Google it. it's worse than it sounds). Anyway, I have to be outside so I have the ipod on, Bose headphones up loud and am alone with my thoughts for a little while longer. My sweet baby girl is due in less than a month so I am taking in all of this "quiet" time while I still have it. Be blessed whoever you are reading this. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment